What exactly is a capsule wardrobe? By definition is “a capsule wardrobe is a collection of clothing that is composed of interchangeable items only, to maximize the number of outfits that can be created.” We have made it easy for you and listed below some of our favorite pieces that will help you create your capsule wardrobe and our guided rule for creating the perfect wardrobe!
- 5-10 neutral basic tanks and t-shirts (our Lilly seamless tank is the perfect option for this!)
- 3-5 Dressier tops for an evening out (we suggest our Indra tank for the perfect going out top!)
- 3-5 Pairs of jeans, ranging in light to dark wash
- 2-3 pants of trousers or suit pants (Our Set the Tone pants are perfect to dress up or down)
- 2-4 pairs of shorts
- Neutral dresses will be your best bet!
- 2 black dresses, one casual and one dressier (our favorite little black dress at the store currently) (a longer fancy black dress)
- A work dress
- A going out dress
- Blazer (one black one and one in cream)
- One longer jacket (we love when they are in a bright fun color, you can pair this with a basic white tank or tee and jeans or a dress).
- Jean jacket for casual days
- Faux leather jacket for a good evening jacket
Let us know if you have any questions!!